27 November 2018
NH Berlaymont Hotel
Bd Charlemagne 11-19, Brussels
Gerhard Seyrling, T&D Europe President and Raul Gil, Chair Europacable Energy Team
Katrina Sichel, Moderator
What are the challenges that renewable energy generation needs pose to the grid and what would be the solutions to integrate as much clean energy possible into the network?
• WindEurope – Giles Dickson, CEO
• SolarPower Europe – Aurélie Beauvais, Policy Director
• Renewables Grid Initiative – Antonella Battaglini, CEO
• T&D Europe – Milagros Garcia, Managing Director, Global RES sector, Ormazabal
• Europacable – Vincent Dessale, Sr Executive Vice-President, Subsea & Land Systems Business Group, Nexans
Consumers will play an increasingly active role on the network thanks to energy flexibility. What kind of challenges do individual private and large professional and industrial consumers and prosumers represent and how should the grid adapt to these new needs?
• RESCOOP – Josh Roberts, Advocacy Officer
• SmartEn - Frauke Thies, Executive Director
• ChargePoint - Christopher Burghardt, Managing Director Europe
• European Aluminium - Alvaro Dorado Baselga, VP Energy
• T&D Europe - Dagmar Bleilebens, Head of Mindsphere Application Center, Siemens
• Europacable - Andreas Berthou, Executive Vice-President, Head of HV Solutions, NKT
What are the financial needs to develop the modern, future-proof grid and how do we get there?
• EEX – Daniel Wragge, Head of Political & Regulatory Affairs
• ENTSO-E -Susanne Nies, Manager Strategy & Communications
• EDSO – Roberto Zangrandi, Secretary General
• Goldman Sachs representative (invited)
• T&D Europe - Vera Silva, CTO, GE Grid Solutions
• Europacable - Samuel Ansorge, CEO, Brugg
What needs to be done to ensure we continue to have grids that enable all Europeans to enjoy clean, secure and affordable electricity?
Katrina Sichel, Moderator
Closing remarks by Gerhard Seyrling and Raul Gil
Electricity will help play a central role in helping the European Union meet its energy and climate goals towards a low-carbon European economy by 2050.
Electrification is the most direct, effective and efficient way of reaching the decarbonisation objectives. This makes the electricity network the backbone of the future energy system.
What needs to be done to future-proof the EU electricity network that enables Europeans to enjoy clean, secure and affordable electricity?
T&D Europe and Europacable – the associations representing Europe´s leading transmission and distribution industries – invite you to discuss the role of electricity networks in Europe’s changing electricity system at the 2018 Energy Policy Conference.
Three dynamic and interactive sessions will explore the expectations, challenges and opportunities for producers, consumers, prosumers, operators, traders and policy makers.